Friday, August 16, 2013

LIFE ON AN ISLAND



Once again we are living on an island. But this time we are in Arkansas rather than the Gulf of Mexico. There is nothing like the feeling as you watch the morning sun trying to break through the fog. This morning it was spectacular...

 
Yesterday's sunrise was beautiful also. Both photos were taken between 7am and 7:3oam a day apart.
 
 
 I took the photo below right after arriving here. This is a view from my front door. The hill is part of the main land. This photo also shows the causeway that was built to connect the island to the mainland...
 
As you can see the water is crystal clear.  Beaver lake Dam Site Campground is hidden treasure...
 
 
 
Here is a view of our campsite from the causeway...
 
 
The campsites are fast filling up. People are coming to the lake for the weekend. The dam is the beginning of the White River which is well known for it's trout fishing...
 
 
We went for a drive around the dam...
 
 
There is an overlook area and this is the view of the beginning of the White River at the foot of the dam...
 
We drove below to the foot of the dam. The water is so cold that there is a mist rising over the water. We stopped and checked it out. Phil walked down to the water's edge...
 
 
The area is beautiful and well maintained...
 
 
We traveled on down the road that you see in the above photo until we came to this boat landing on the White River. The mist is still rising which gives the scenery a mystic view...
 
 
From there we drove to Beaver, Arkansas and then into Eureka Springs. Will post those pictures in the next blog. There was some major flooding and I have some photos of the flood damage.
 
I have just about caught up with my chores. Gave the girls a haircut yesterday so they are wearing sweaters today. It's quite cool here. Today I dry the clothes that were washed last night. I am thankful for my washer/dryer as the nearest laundry mat is in Eureka Springs. Phil is having to fix the kitchen gray water tank. When we were in Cove Campground there was not a dump station which forced us to travel with a loaded tank and it busted. Live and learn. I can only wash dishes if I use a five gallon bucket to catch the water. lol... that is camping. One never knows what they miss until they don't have it. I will appreciate being able to wash dishes normally ... never thought I'd say that because it is a chore I don't like doing.
 
I absolutely love this gypsy lifestyle. There is never a dull moment. Rarely do I meet someone I don't like. The views outside my windows are fantastic. And life is good. Phil and I have never been happier and we get to play ...
 

I wish for you the same joy of life that we have and more so...

                                                         KEEP ON DANCING....


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment