Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday At Sun Camp

Here it is Sunday already. I wonder where the time has gone. My mind has been in a whirl putting into place my new lifestyle and meeting new people. Being a Libra I tend to want to balance all of my thoughts, ideas, and emotions. Much like a computer I get glitches if not running properly. Until I get back in balance I cannot write... meaning no blog. Once I am "centered" then words and ideas flow and I can listen to my Angels speaking. That said... I apologize for not getting the blog out and hope this one makes up for that.

Phil has taken on the job of producing the sign for the entrance here at Sun Camp. I am so proud of the job he is doing. I laid out the words on paper as to how it should look but he has done everything else. Looks like he will have it up with plenty of time to spare for the Grand Opening in November. Here he is working on it...


Where the sign is concerned about all I am doing is making sure that Phil gets plenty to drink and fix his lunch. The other day when I brought his lunch I noticed a pecan tree in Bob's back yard. I walked back to make sure I was seeing correctly and Bob came outside to say hello. In talking with him I noticed that under the pecan tree grew some young palm tree seedlings. I mentioned this to him and he said they were weeds. He didn't like palm trees as they don't provide shade and take too much water. That maybe so but I love them. The seeds provide food for both man, birds, and animals.  Palms don't grow unless there is water... hence the tended to grown only in the Oasis area not the desert area. They are a symbol of life and water. Sun Camp needs it's palms as they symbolize a Spiritual Oasis... that said I rescued the one Bob pulled up and brought it home. The next day Phil mentioned to Jim about the palms growing in the yard and Jim said the camp could use them. So I rescued eighteen more and took them over to Jim's house. After giving it some thought I know why they are growing in Bob's yard. Bob waters his grass daily and the bird rest in his tree where it is is cool and shady. They bring the date seeds from the palm trees to eat and they also drop some. These then take root and grow. Here is a photo of the adult palms that I took...

 
To me a palm tree is symbol of life in the desert but what happens when the palm tree doesn't get water? No life can exist without water ...
 
 
This fallen palm is beside a water faucet but it still died. To be honest I cannot say rather it died of old age or from lack of water. It sits near the entrance way and I have passed it many times. I see a frosty the sandman in the winter of it's life praying for water but no one turns the faucet on... poor fella...
 
 
Being an artist I sometimes tend to see images of things that others do not so to help you see what I am seeing I photoshopped the photo and drew what I see when I look at that poor palm tree. Where I see a sand "Frosty" Phil sees a "Smurf" lol. But with a bit of imagination it could be a tree "elemental" with a rope around it's neck also. Sometimes I have to hold my imagination in check lol.
 
Life is good and I am having a ball "dancing" through it.  We have chosen to sit out the winter here at Sun Camp Arizona so I am looking forward to learning how desert life is. There is so much to learn. What I know about deserts has been gained through film, pictures, and books. I loved the documentary film "The Living Desert" and now I am experiencing it. Everyday we are given the choice to make life an adventure and we all do .... be it a joyful one, depressed, or just existing day by day... so always remember it is our choice on how we chose to experience life... I chose to dance with the angels and I hope you do to... KEEP ON DANCING...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment