Saturday, October 27, 2012

LIFE'S STAGE

Life in the desert is amazing. I am still in the Texas "mind set" so my time frame is different. Here people are up and going early in the morning. Work outside is done as early as possible. The Camp is a bussle of activity as they prepare for opening weekend (Nov. 3rd). They are building, cleaning, and raking the grounds...

 
Puts a different look to the image of a "Lightworker".  I wonder how many of the people that will come out to the camp will never see the work that went into this place? It reminds me of a play ... the people see the actors in a room and never see the people that move the "set" from one scene to another. The person out cleaning the land is just as important as the one standing on center stage. But sadly most that come won't even notice the hard effort that others put in for their benefit. At the rate things are going this Camp will shine come opening day. I even did my bit and repainted the clothes line poles. They went from a rusting painted pole  to a shining silver one that sparkles with the sunlight. Bob is in charge of the RV Park and men don't seem to notice little things like rusting clothes line poles. lol

Everything is coming together on the lighted sign that Phil is building. He is working on the lighting system today. He has designed a new mailbox holder that he is thinking of donating to the Camp.  It will dress up the front entrance. But before he can start work on the mailbox holder he has to present it to the Board of Directors for approval. Once they see the design he has in mind I know they will approve of it.

Parts are starting to arrive for the trailer. Phil has to replace the o-rings in the slideout and the gears in the landing gear. They are starting to go causing problems... the joy of buying used. Most people don't do maintenance on trailers, they only worry about leaks. Being that we don't want the payments on another trailer we will fix this one back up. I would rather use the money on traveling and seeing new places and faces.  Phil loves this lifestyle as much as I. When we were driving through the Valley of Fire in Nevada he spoke of how he loved the traveling. We have discovered it isn't an easy way of living but it is a wonderful way. I guess that I was born with a gypsy soul. Even as a child I loved traveling.

I am looking forward to seeing how winter in the desert really is.  Right now I am amazed at the difference between the day and night temperatures. Nights can get cold enough for heavy blankets and the days hot enough for light clothing. Bob is giving us the gas heater-fireplace he had in his RV. That is a big help as I am using the heater that I used in the barn for the new born calves. I have to close off the living room to keep it warm. We have an air conditioner heater combination but that thing is like central air it takes a lot of electricity to run it. The gas fireplace type heaters are really nice. I saw one in Oklahoma and wished I could get one. But this was not high on the priority list. I am truly grateful to Bob for this gift. My good friend, Hannelore, offered us blankets to keep us warm at night. It is friends like this that makes my heart swell with love. They are my angels in life... my friends. My life is filled with friends and family and I know I am blessed... I truly do dance with the angels.

Yesterday I went out for a photo shoot. The first thing I saw were the doves ...

 
 
By the way... that cage is empty, there are two doves landing. Heading over to the palo verde trees I watched a hawk fly over and land in a tree not far away...
 
 
When the hawk saw me he swerved away from the flock of doves that he was following. Such a beautiful bird but not what I wished to see after the doves. So when he flew out over the desert leaving the doves in peace I was thankful. This simple act of his helped me hold onto the image that  I  had created of peace here at Sun Camp...
 
 
I am going to close this and get back to dancing with angels... Let yourself feel the joy of life... only you can do that.  Dance with the angels on your  stage of life... Keep the dance simple and sweet... be the "angel" that you are and KEEP ON DANCING...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment