Thursday, September 6, 2012

VIEWS FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOP

Yesterday Phil decided to take us for a new view of the area. What a trip! We took the back roads up to the high mountain tops. It was a good day for taking pictures as it was partly clouding and that allowed the digital camera to see the mountains and not reflect back the sunlight. Here is an example of what I am speaking of....

 
The white you see on the far mountain range is not snow. We went from mountain top to mountain top on the back roads. We found lots of signs of bears but no bears themself ... but that was just as well. Here is one of the trees that the bears had dug into. Phil found the tree for me to get the photos of it...
 
 
Here is a close-up of what he is looking at...the sign of a bear biting  and clawing the hole to get to the termites inside...
 
 
The only live things we saw were the birds. The raven up here are huge birds. There were plenty of other birds to be seen also. But I think the best one I saw was the grouse. Phil spotted it on the road and stopped so that I could get the photo. It is eating the small pebbles. I tried to get other shots of it but sometimes my camera is just too dang slow...
 
 
We saw rugged rocky overhangs....
 
 
There was eye candy everywhere you looked...
 
 
The trees are just beginning to show color. There were yellows with a hint here and there of some red...
 
 
On the way back down off the mountains we stopped at Kalispell Creek and thought we had struck gold. Looking over the bridge into the water I could see gold glittering at the water's edge. Phil decided to go down into the creek to find out what it was. Turned out to be fool's gold but it was a fun experience and for a time it was an exciting one, lol . Here is Phil checking the gold flakes out for me. (By the way, that water is freezing cold)...
 
 
I saved the best to last. This is a view of Priest Lake and the river valley from the top of a mountain. Isn't it a beautiful thing to behold. I stood in amazement at God's creation on earth... America The Beautiful...
 
 
With the clouds so close that you felt as if you could reach out and touch them and the pristine views I really felt as if I was dancing with the angels. I pray that you keep the joy of living in your life and that you always....KEEP ON DANCING... 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment