Tuesday, July 17, 2012

HAMILTON, MONTANA

Yesterday was a pack up and hit the road day. The day before I said goodbye to the sisters; Linda, Susan, and Karla as they were heading to upper part of the campgrounds. Had to laugh as they walked away and couldn't resist getting a photo...


Duane and Sam were waiting to say their goodbyes to Phil when over walks Duane's kitty...


This is the only part of this new lifestyle that I dislike... the saying of goodbyes.  But you know, I know angels exist because I keep meeting them. They just haven't earned their wings yet. I have a firm belief that earth is just a school for the soul and we are all earning our  wings. But like any school there are those that don't pass to the next grade or level so they have to repeat the lessons. I stand in judgement of no one but I do believe that the people I met and become friends with are making passing grades in life. I am blessed to call them my friends and I truly dance with the angels.
Down the road from the Cottonwood Campgrounds on the banks of the beautiful Salmon River there is an old log sod house homestead that I love. It will make for an outstanding painting of yesteryear...


We saw so many wonders as we traveled up Highway 93. It is a great road for sightseeing. I took some pictures in the Darby area and last night Phil read on the Internet that there was a major fire started there. It must have happened after we had passed through. What I find interesting about it is that we had looked at a campground that was way back up in the boonies. We decided not to stay there although it was a beautiful little campground. Had we chose to stay we could have been in danger with the raging fire that is fed with dying pines. The Asian pine beetle is wiping out so much of our beautiful forest. We were shocked at the looks of the trees in alot of the areas we have passed. Like most invasive species it has no natural enemies. If I remember correctly this beetle was shipped to America as a replacement for our ladybugs. They taste bad  to birds so birds tend to avoid them. When is the last time you saw a real black and red dotted ladybug? The black/brown with tan to yellow dots is the culprit that is destroying our forest. This is taking place across America I know because we had them in Rockdale, Texas which is at the edge of the Lost Pines Area. I think it will take the "public" to stand up and say "enough is enough - cease the importing of alien species into the United State." But will they take the time to do so... who knows?

There is still so much beauty to behold in America. I see it in the people I met, the animals I see, and the land my eyes behold. Some of it just takes your breath away. Such as the snow on the mountains and a Montana hayfield...


Reminds you of the the song "America, the Beautiful", doen't it? But at the same time I "see" the commercial of the Native American Elder with the tear falling down his cheek. My heart aches with the knowledge that America is changing due to invasive species, climate change, and natural disasters.

As we went farther down the road it seemed as if we were playing a game of peekabo with the mountain in the above photo. From every angle that I viewed it's majectic peak I felt the awe of God's creation.


We have arrived safely at Hamilton, Montana and are staying at the Angler's Roost on the banks of the Bitterroot River about three miles south of the town. It's a beautiful day and the air is cool. I know our angels were looking out for us because the lady that booked us in gave us a campsite too small for the rig. Rather then try to get everything in a tiny spot we went back to the office and the owner was there. He let us have a pull-through with full hook ups. I can wash clothes! I never in my life thought I would enjoy doing that! lol

Life is good...treat it like the gift that it is... love much and be happy. Remember only you can chose your attitude. May Angel Wings Surround You and May You Keep On Dancing!...














No comments:

Post a Comment