Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THE LAST BLOG FOR WHITE CLIFFS, AR

Well finally a good Internet connection. As hard as I tried I couldn't get the last blog online. It was frustrating. I wanted to share so much but couldn't. When I would ride the bike around the park I would stop and visit with an elderly gentleman at his favorite fishing spot. Mainly we talked about fishing and the gators in the river. His name is Warren Scott and he lives in Fulton, Arkansas. I really enjoyed my visits with him. Here is a picture of him...
There were two teenagers that I really did like. A brother and sister.They were a delight to be around. They erased the bad impression I had of the teenage age group of today. Although they gave me their name I didn't write it down and I am sorry I didn't. Here is a picture I took of the girl with Mom and Dad out boating...

If they read this then they will know of whom I speak because of a wii game.  Their father told me about a rattlesnake if I wanted a picture of  it. That was a snake in the grass for sure. I went to where he said the snake was at just as the snake went into the grass. I went around the loop so that I could get a picture of it head on. I was looking at the area that I thought it should be when I happen to look over to my side and there he was watching me.  Ahem, I didn't take the time for that head on shot because I was afraid he would have a hissy fit. I backed off and went back around and took this shot of him. He is a Timber Rattler and very poisonous...
I managed to get a photo of a four to five foot gator during the daylight hours.
Phil knew I wanted a closer photo of a gator so he got an anchor from the boat. Tossed it out into the reeds then shook the rope. He became the Great Gator Whisperer and called one in really close...


Lol, I have a husband that is a gator whisperer and a daughter that is a cow whisperer. Speaking of my daughter, we have arrived at Lake Thunderbird and will meet up with her soon. It was raining most of the way across Oklahoma but we made good time. So we have just about finished setting up camp for the night. It is supposed to be raining here tomorrow as well but I will try to get some pictures to share anyway. Till then... Keep on dancing...




No comments:

Post a Comment