Friday, June 8, 2012

LAKE THUNDERBIRD IN OKLAHOMA

What an interesting place we are visiting.   My daughter told me that I am in the section of campgrounds called "Post Oak".   This area is very Native American, more so then I realized. Phil went out bike riding to look around the campgrounds. He found a part of the park was closed off and abandoned. Later when I took the girls for their ride around the park I went up and check out the area he spoke of. I saw that the campsites were very nice at one time...





Other than the lack of upkeep I could see no reason to abandon this section of the campgrounds specially since it set up high with a view of the lake. As I sat pondering the why of it I had the feeling of being watched near the last campsite pictured. Even my dogs started growling. I didn't feel fear but concern for my dogs as Phil had mentioned evidence of a big dog on the road. While leaving I felt someone was following but when I looked no one was there.
On the turn out the gateway the feeling stopped. I never felt threatened only observed. Later, I ran into Robert, the camp host and I asked him about the closed off section. He explained that it was abandoned as a campground because of the state finding out that it contained old Native American burial sites. Having found this out I asked Phil what he felt when he was up there and he said that he had experience the same type of feeling. I have gathered up the white sage, crystals, crystal bowl and some cornmeal to go back and speak with the unseen spirits there. It is time to go into the light. There is no reason to stand guard over the grounds as they are protected now by the state.

Coming down from that area of the park I found a field full of enchinacea (purple cone flower). How beautiful they are,  growing as Mother Nature planted them...


Michel and Tim have arrived. They have taken Phil out for a ride on a pontoon boat to see the lake. They showed him about everything to see and have ran out of gas. lol. I know, shame on me. It's still funny. They are cruising along home at the speed of a trolling motor (which is slow). 

Here is a photo of Michel Benedict and Tim LaBarge. Will post more tomorrow...


Well they made it back home so will close this ... Keep on dancing everyone...





No comments:

Post a Comment