Friday, April 6, 2012

GOOD FRIDAY

Today was Good Friday in more ways then one.  The elderly couple across the way came over and visited with us.  They are a delight. The old man had let a teenager borrow his boat and the kid broke his trolling motor so Phil engineered a piece to replace what was broken.  I was proud of him. The guys in the park seem drawn to Phil, which is a good thing. It was suggested that he become a park host and I sorta hope he does. He got the forms he needs to become one in Louisiana. I am going to hit the Park Manager and the Host up to sponsor us.

I started another eagle painting today. When I finish it I will take a picture and post it.  I had just finished an eagle painting a couple of weeks ago. It is a gift to the Host of Spavinaw State Park of Oklahoma. I was going to do a painting of the park for them but she asked if I could put an eagle in it.  Here is the result...



I have redrawn the painting so that I can correct my mistakes and redo it.  They will get the painting shown and the corrected version will go into my portfolio. I hope to get into a gallery again.

The park has been buzzing all day.  People everywhere. A couple of young boys raced their bikes against me down a hill. They were ahead until we got to the bottom and they really had to pedal hard.  They were cute.  Then there was a  girl that I would guess no older then three that was trying to ride a tiny bike with training wheels. She watched me coming towards her until I was beside her. She jumped off her bike and ran crying to her mother. I stopped because I had not meant to frighten her. Turns out that was not the case at all... she didn't want her bike she wanted mine. lol.  Phil's bike gets lots of attention where ever we go. It is great for meeting people.

Here is a picture of the campsite....
 
As you can see the trees are tall. There are loplolly and long leaf pines, dogwood, sycamores, black walnut, pawpaw, oaks, and cypress trees. There are a few that I don't know the name of also. At this time of year the park is very pretty. Noticed this afternoon that some of the dogwoods are still in bloom... nice.

Well, the day is almost over so I will close this and think about sleep. It has been a long but wonderful day.. Goodnight to everyone...







1 comment: