Tuesday, October 1, 2013

LAST DAY HERE AT GREER'S FERRY LAKE, AR.

Once again we start our packing so  we can move to the next campground. We are moving to the Kennedy Park just outside Heber Springs, Ar. It is on Collins Creek which flows into the lake. We decided against Dam Site Park which is directly on Greers Ferry Lake. That too, is a pretty park but the Kennedy Park is right beside the fish hatchery. Which means there are lots of big trout in the creek. This photo shows a few...

 
When we first arrived here two weeks ago I found this baby watermelon growing at the campsite next to us...
 
 
I watched it grow into a nice looking melon but then the mowers came and killed it.. I cut it open and found that it was just starting to turn pink. What a waste...


Phil took his boat out to get his trot lines in. I was standing out in the water when I glance up to see this boat coming straight at him...

 
I am happy to say that the boat slowed down and turned slightly to miss him and he came back safely to shore...

 
 Poor little SuYang thinks she has to get into the water every time I do. She swam out to where I was standing then turned and went back to shore. This is her standing waiting on me to come back to land. She is getting to where she loves the  water so I will have to watch that she stays out of it come this winter...
 
 
We had a storm blow in and it rained some. Supposed to be more rain all this week...

The yellow has given way to golds, browns, and reds and the trees are so beautiful to behold...

 
I took this next photo when I was standing in the water taking the photo of Phil and his boat...
 
There are some trees that have just begun their color change within the park. They did not start their display as soon as those close to our area did. I find that interesting...

 
 I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this tree stump covered in fungus mushrooms... they formed a heart!... What a rare sight to see!...

 
Phil is really becoming a Grill Master and I am getting spoiled lol.


So, as this day ends we close everything down and we get ready to travel the highway tomorrow. The weather report says it could be stormy tomorrow but...
 
NO MATTER HOW WILD THE RIDE
 
 REMEMBER WE JUST...

No comments:

Post a Comment