Sunday, September 1, 2013

SUNDAY IN PARADISE

Today is Sunday. The clouds are heavy with rain. I went for a ride around the campgrounds today and saw that many of the people have left. This being a four day weekend I would think they would wait until late Monday to head back to the towns and work.  Guess the rain is moving them out... there really isn't much to do inside... specially if you were expecting to be out on or in the lake.

The geese have totally left the island. They have been gone for several days. Guess they couldn't take having SuYang standing guard, lol.  I did get a couple of excellent photos before they departed...


 
 I really like this next photo.  I finally have one as a study for using in a painting...
 
I don't know how many hours I worked on the plastic bag rug that I was making for Phil but it is finished. Took about six weeks. This photo was taken at night so the colors are not true. I used walmart, dollar tree, and family dollar shopping bags and the center white and black were the cheapest tall kitchen trash bags I could purchase at Walmart. Phil really likes it because he can use it to lay on or fold it up and kneel on it. He also sits on it at the cement bench & table...
 
 
The last few days have really been hot here. We have been going swimming daily. Rather than walking the road we are using the lake to exercise. It a cool way to do low impact exercise lol. The first day that it got into the high 90's I noticed that the birds and animals didn't want to move much. There were squirrels sprawled out on the picnic tables, tree limbs, and then there was this smarty that laid out at the bathhouse window. The cool air from the water in the bath filtered out over him because of the fan inside... No dummy here...


 
Our local boat builder has left the island. He has a studio in Eureka Springs, fairly close to the campgrounds. This is another of the boats he has built. He also made the oar that he is holding. A true artist when it comes to wood...

 
OMG! I have become a true birdwatcher....
 
 
You know you are one ... when you take photo studies of a turkey vulture...
 
 
These birds sit near the boat landing waiting on the fish parts after the fish are cleaned.  Truth be known they do a great service because that fish would really cause a stink.
 
But hey... I won't leave vultures as  the last thing for you to remember so I am going to share some barns and relics I took photos of when we went to the Joplin, Mo. area... Most likely the farmer only sees the weeds in his pasture but to me it is a beautiful field of flowers...
 
 
It was hard to grab a good shot of this barn as we drove pass...


This is a really interesting barn. Not sure is it has wind damage or it is just aged. On the otherside there is a wooden silo connected to it...

 
Looks to be wind damage here...
 
 
 There was a lot of the common looking or should I say it's was modern (for it's day) barns...

 
 I also spotted a couple of old farmhouses....


I love this next house with the short dog-run between the kitchen and living quarters. Don't see many of like this...

 
Well, it is time for me to find something that will keep me busy for the day...

 
KEEP ON DANCING...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment