Thursday, September 26, 2013

AUTUMN IS IN THE AIR

Hello again. There isn't much going on with us. Phil is putting in the new holding tank. He has had to do a "make it fit" with it. Meanwhile, I have started another plastic bag rug. I try everyday to get out on the bike and enjoy the autumn changes taken place. The trees are changing from yellow to red.... gorgeous to behold.


 
A couple of days ago Phil and I ran into these two men playing washers.  It is a game something like horseshoes. They explained how it is played.  Seems you try to get  the washer into a little bucket sitting inside the wooden box to get a point. There is a hook on the lid and if you get your washer to stay on it, then you get an automatic win. We had fun watching them play and talking with them. They were really nice.
 
 
Later I watched Phil using his cast net to catch minnows for bait fish. Although he caught some he didn't go fishing lol.
 
 
They have a unique playground here in this park. This is a big plastic ship for the children to play on. While out riding yesterday I stopped and watched to children playing pirates... I loved it. They were having a great time pretending to be raiding pirates with treasure aboard. As I watched they made a imaginary man walk the plank. Hid a treasure chest and battled a shark to get it on shore. They were having a great time...


The far side of the park has just about emptied of people so I ride over there to meditate and watch the critters. That is where I found this little foxy lady... a fox squirrel...


I also spotted this box turtle. He didn't like me at all. When I moved he hissed. I noticed he has tiny puncture marks on his shell. Maybe, that was the reason he had an attitude. Don't believe the saying that turtles are slow... this little guy could move out pretty fast... which he did...
 
 
I haven't seen any honey bees on the flowers here. But there are butterflies and bumble bees pollinating the plants...
 

Although this hummingbird was really too far away to get a good picture.  I did grab a quick shot of him for Ida...

 
Well... here it is that time of the ending of the day and this edition of the blog.
 
 
Find your beat...and
 KEEP ON DANCING

 

No comments:

Post a Comment