Wednesday, September 11, 2013

BULLSHOALS LAKE - ARKANSAS

We made it safely here to the Lead Hill Campgrounds at Bull Shoals in northeast Arkansas. This campground is really nice. There were only two things that I would change if I could one is more trees on the point and the other was mow the grass. Which I am happy to say is being done as I write this. We have a great campsite nestled among the trees...

 
 There are two things that I look for when we decide to stop at a campground; one is a penny and the other is the raven. The penny is a gift from my angel and the raven is my totem animal. Both are very spiritual to me and I happy to say I found both immediately here. This guy sit in the tree near the door and watched me come and go. He never made a sound...

 
We came up on Hwy 62 which is an old narrow road that at one time was a major highway across Arkansas...
 
 
There were a lot of old barns ... As you most likely have guessed I love old barns...

 
I didn't take a lot of photos as I was tired from waiting in the heat for a non showing UPS truck. But I did take a couple of barn shots. Here is another one...

 
Both of us were tired and ready to make camp when we got here.  We drove totally around the campgrounds and then returned to the first one we liked. The photo below is out at the point of the peninsula..

 
Here is another campsite on the point. Leaves are just starting to turn. We didn't chose the point because of the lack of shade there.

 
Glad I took the photo of the yellow flowers before they were mowed down today...

 
This morning when I took the girls for their morning ride around the park I met the nicest lady. I noticed the Harley first.  I really liked it and thought it was about my size. The color was white and it was sharp looking. Then I saw that it belonged to a woman. My next thought was; "you go, girl!"...

 
I watched as she sat watching an osprey make a grab at a fish.  Then I went up and made a new friend... This is Judy... We spent about an hour just talking about dogs, bikes, life, and whatever else came to mind. I really like her and wish her the best in life.

 
Here is photo of the  osprey that we both watched. He missed the fish but he caught our attention lol...

 
Well, time to go outside and see what the world is doing. You can't dance with angels if you don't get up and get started...
 
As long as your heart is beating out the rhythm of life... remember....
 
KEEP ON DANCING

No comments:

Post a Comment