Tuesday, May 15, 2012

UNCERTAIN

We went sight seeing around the lake yesterday. Amazing sights. Caddo is an old natural lake and in places it become a true swamp right down to the alligators. We didn't find any gators to take pictures of tho. We stopped at the state wildlife area and took a picture of the lake there...


The top photo is from Phil's new camera and the photo of Phil using the camera was taken by me. His camera has been just sitting on the shelf for over a year.  The camera he had been using all the time didn't make it through the canoe dunking. But I am happy to report his smartphone was saved and is working fine.  But back to our sight seeing trip. We left the park area and went over to "Uncertain". Everything is uncertain in that town lol...


Uncertain is an quaint old fishing village that has turned to tourist for survival and is doing a pretty good job of it. It is a cute little town and I enjoyed the inventive ideas they came up with there. Here are a couple of examples...

How to hide a gas tank...



Or maybe you want to hide that old tree stump in the yard. Just turn it into a hobbit house and make sure they get satellite tv to keep them happy...


Seems most everyone in the village had a decoration either in the yard are on the homes themselves. Except for a few that didn't have a yard like this fine looking swamp house out into the lake...


The above house sits across the canal from the Johnson Boat Ramp at Uncertain. It has a big screened in front porch. I can just picture my sister "Shirley" living there, she would love it. I have a few more pictures to share but will save them for tomorrow's blog. Today is wash day so I don't think that I will take pictures.

Today is work day so I will close this and get busy. I would also like to mention something that Phil brought to my attention. When you subscribe to this blog by email you don't get the full look of the website. It is very plain looking. I don't know if I can correct this or not.

May Angel Wings Surround You Always... Keep on dancing through life... PS: Happy Birthday Michel














No comments:

Post a Comment