Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Well the time has come to bid this beautiful island in the sun goodbye. We have enjoyed our stay but it is time to get on the road again. I bought a couple of souvenirs to remember our stay here. Picked up a new fishing hat for both of us. Mine has two mosquitoes embroidered on it with the words "Bite Me" lol. Phil's is a cap with the Grand Isle, La logo on it. Has a zip pocket and places for his fish hooks... Here he is wearing it...


Phil told me that I needed to take a photo of myself so just for the heck of it I did.


I will miss this island. The beautiful birds..


The marshes  and the Gulf of Mexico



But there are so many more places to visit. From here we are headed up to the top of Louisiana and will then cut over to Caddo Lake.  I have always heard that it is very pretty there with large cypress trees and spanish moss. We will be staying at a fishing campgrounds four miles across the border into Texas. It will not be as fancy as the state parks but there isn't much in way of parks around that area. From the looks of the area we may have problems with phone and internet.... we will just have to wait and see. If I can't get on line then I can't post on here until we move again.

It has been a long day of cleaning, packing, washing clothes, and getting ready for the move in the morning... so I will say "goodnight" and "May Angels Dance With You In The Light."










No comments:

Post a Comment