Saturday, May 26, 2012

AT MILLWOOD LAKE ARKANSAS

To those of you that have checked for the latest posting I owe you an apology. I am very sorry that I have not posted before now. I really don't have a good excuse except that I have been sightseeing, meeting people, and enjoying the views. Feel free to post a comment about any subject including getting me back on duty lol.

This is another beautiful lake that we are visiting. There are fifteen parks around the lake. The Cottonshed Park is where we are staying and it has been totally remodeled. It is ran by the Army Corps of Engineers which by the way honors the Senior Pass so with that discount the site cost only $6.50 a day rather then $20.00.  Each waterfront site has a deck with wooden rails, very nice.

The sunsets over the lake are simply breath taking. Altho the cypress trees here look more like something you would see in the Rocky Mountains compared to those at Lake Caddo they have their own beauty. Does not matter when you take a sunset picture it is beautiful but here is one of my favorites and one of Phil's favorites...


When we first arrived here the sky was very overcast and the sunset looked like this photo on the bottom...


Since Phil is sharing his photography with me we have decided to label our photos so that you will know who took the picture... helps us keep it straight also lol. So we now have Phil B's Views and Mick's Clicks. Phil is very happy with his new Nikon camera. I think the results are every bit as good as my top of the line Kodak, if not, in someways better.

I met a neat lady yesterday here at the campgrounds. Her name is Theresa and she has a cute little dog that she rescued names Orphan Annie...


Not too long ago I received a prayer request  email for a little girl named Addison. Turns out that Addison is her granddaughter and those prayers are still needed as she has more surgery required. So please say a prayer for this little two year girl and her family.

Today I put the girls in the basket on the bike and took them for a spin around the park. Both girls love to go riding they beg everytime I go. On the other side of the campgrounds I met the cutest little boy. He had a smile that just melts hearts and the personality to go with it. He was shy and followed me around until I challenged him to a race. He was up for that lol. Don't tell him but I let him win. Afterwards, he showed me the boo boo on his thumb caused when he fell off his bike. His mom forgot to bring bandaids so he followed me home to get some and Phil rode back with him to make sure he got to the other side of the park okay. His name is Braydon and I would keep him if I could lol... he is just a delight...

The park is packed full of people for the holiday weekend. There isn't many campsites open. Funny thing is that I was sort of dreading having the site next to use taken as that would mean that when I looked out the door I would be looking at their camp rather then the lake. Turns out no one has taken that site. So when I lean back in this chair and look outside I see nature and not a trailer.  Once again... I give thanks to the Angels for looking out for us. That outside view is to me the "pause that refreshes" and I appreciate it so much.

We rode around the lake yesterday and found the next campsite to move to. It is at White Cliffs and right on the Little River.  This river empties into Lake Millwood. Directly in front of our (now) campsite the Saline River runs through. There are large poles with reflector tape to show the river course. Such as this one...


The bird is a Black Bellied Whistling Duck. The post it is sitting on is in front of our campsite. There is a mate, as a matter of fact there are several pairs of ducks that nest in the trees out in the water. This pair nested in an old dead tree just to the right of the post shown. Here is a photo of them together in the tree...


There are American Great White Pelicans in the lake but they haven't came close enough to get a good photo of them. And by the way, I did see an alligator in a creek on our way here. We back to that creek yesterday but couldn't spot him. Phil found where he slides down and climbs up the bank. I took a picture of the gator slide for you (the slide is marked by the red arrows) ...  and a photo of the gator warning sign...



May Angel Wings Surround You
May You Keep On Dancing To The Tune Of Life!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment