Sunday, April 29, 2012

Island House RV Park

We've moved to a new location here on the island. It is a small rv park one half block off the main road. We are here for nine days. Hopefully, the boat will be ready monday and we can test out the fishing.

I took a very interesting photo the other day and will share it with you. I was on the long pier at the State Park when I took the shot. My thoughts were about the UV rays and was wondering if it was possible to see them. I was quite surprised when I saw the photo.  I know that digital cameras can see what the naked eye cannot and truly believe this is what happened here... the sun's harmful ultra violet rays...


I also took a picture of a marsh hare or swamp rabbit that was out eating grass near the road. There were a lot of rabbits in the park. It is interesting to note that the island has no snakes, coyotes or foxes. The rabbit's only threat is from birds, dogs, or feral cats...


Besides gulls and pelicans there are a lot of redwing blackbirds.


When arriving at the Island House I noticed that by the steps was an angel. I take that as a good sign. So we will see what the week has to offer here.


Across the main road and over the big sand dune is the town's beach. The beaches are well maintained and clean. One thing I've noted since the move is we are out of the helicopter flight path and it is much quieter. The constant hum is gone also. And best of all the wind isn't beating up the awning. The park doesn't have much to call grass but the well tended yards beside and around it sure helps with the looks.

Guess I shall close this and get to bed as it is late... May Angel Wings Surround You.... Nite....





No comments:

Post a Comment