Friday, April 13, 2012

Our Last Day

Hello.  

Here it is that time again to put a few words on paper... oops sorry, no paper... guess I mean put a few words on the computer screen. I have no idea what happens to the words I type once I hit "enter" lol.

Yesterday,  Phil tried his hand at flyfishing the grass flats...



He was catching brim as fast as he could cast out.  I think he was using a small popper fly to catch them. It looks very simular to a flying bug (for those like myself that don't know much about fishing). He caught 14 for supper. Here is a picture of the first he caught. He had one huge one that made his hand look small but atlas, I didn't think of capturing it on film...



As it turned out he didn't get to eat any of them. Billie from across the road brought over some bbq pork roast for our supper. In turn, I gave her some catfish that another camper across the road had given us. He had a freezer full of fish but loved to fish. Billie and Bob (her husband) didn't fish so she was very pleased. Leo (from Canada) stood out with me when I was taking pictures of Phil fishing. He commented that they loved to go to the market and get fresh fish. I found out he didn't fish either so I asked if he would like a few of the fish. He was elated. Being he had never eatten catfish I gave him enough filets for his wife and himself for supper. I  gave him the cornmeal to go with it and explain how to cook them up. When Phil came back from cleaning the brim we decided to pass them on to the couple from Canada. Maybe, it helped make a good memory of their time in the United States. I took them over and he was so please he had to share his fresh asperagus with us. I cooked the up as he suggested... salt and pepper them, grill in a tiny bit of oil. When they start to look tender add a table spoon of butter and keep them rolling in the pan until they start to turn color. With that I added left over mac and cheese along with the bbq roast from Billie. The man that gave us the catfish didn't have his wife with him so I fixed a plate up for him and Phil and they sat over in his campsite for supper. Seems we all got together and had a supper swap last night lol... we love it, this is the greatest lifestyle! We haven't had television since we came here and haven't missed it at all.

The eagles were flying today near the point.  One came pretty close and I got a pretty good picture of it.  Such a beautiful bird...


This has been such a beautiful place to visit and the people that work at the park are fantastic.  They have become friends and I will miss them. Tomorrow we leave and start our journey to New Orleans area.  We will stay at the Bayou Segnette State Park.

So in closing this for the night I leave you with this sunset over the adventure of staying in North Toledo Bend State Park, Louisiana....





No comments:

Post a Comment