Sunday, April 8, 2012

EASTER SUNDAY


EASTER  SUNDAY


Another beautiful day here in the park. Was surprised at how many people were leaving.  By noon most all of the families with children were gone. Our best neighbors are still here. We spent most of the day chatting with them.

To start the day I rode the bike to the public section of the park where the boat ramp is located. There is a loop that is really quiet and peaceful there. I have an area that is nice where I sit and talk to the angels...


The view across the road is fantastic. From here I see the sun rising...


They have several sitting areas in the park but I am drawn to quietness of the one above.  Here is a photo of one of the sitting areas...


After leaving this area I started picking up trash that had been tossed along the road. I began to realize that when a person becomes a senior citizen they begin to realize that they have to take care of this world. It's the only one we have. Phil and I always try to leave a place cleaner then when we arrived.

There was a huge flock of American Great White Pelicans swimming in the lake this afternoon. I was amazed at the size of them.  Huge birds! I took several pictures of them but only one really shows them and it isn't that good. Problem was there was this boat going through and causing the bird to leave. But still I got a picture of them so I was happy...


The land across the lake in the above picture is Texas.  Phil is going to take the truck over there and get it inspected this week. Also, about the above picture, just the other side of the white birds there are the juvenile young ones. There must have been a hundred or more pelicans.  I am still in awe of the sight.

Phil cooked the Sunday meal.  He put a big juicy sirloin on the pit.  That was the perfect ending to a wonderful day. Sitting around the campfire and enjoying the meal.

Peace



 








No comments:

Post a Comment